In February Google announced its intention to formally mark websites lacking SSL Certificates as insecure. Google confirmed July 2018 as the start date. All sites with the non-HTTPS status will be flagged as not secure. This means Sites that remain on the HTTP non-secure protocol will be flagged with a warning in the URL bar of the surfer’s browser.
Currently, over two-thirds of websites are unencrypted. This update fundamentally changes the way web users will think about their online security.
Without an up-to-date, validated SSL certificate, you will damage your ranking in Google search results. and may put your whole business and brand reputation at risk.
Currently there are a multitude off SSL offerings available to website owners looking to secure their sites. From monthly to annual fees, they range in price from a few euro a month up to over 100 euro a year. At Go2web we can create and install your SSL Cert for a one off fee of 95 euro, that’s it! No recurring monthly or annual costs.
- HTTPs gives a stronger ranking on Google.
- You will create safer experiences for your customers.
- You will build customer trust and improve conversions over time.
- You will protect both sensitive customer and internal data.
- You will encrypt browser-to-server and server-to-server communication.
- You will increase the security of your mobile and cloud apps.
- You will protect against phishing.
Go2web specialize in website development for small to medium sized businesses in the Dublin area. We SEO all our websites in-house so that they achieve a high organic ranking in Google. All our websites are built to be fully responsive and mobile-friendly. We maintain close relationships with our clients to ensure that their website content is kept current and that they are achieving a high ROI.